Sunday, September 15, 2013

Lining up Volunteers, Sponsors, and The Spiralizer

This week, I started lining up sponsors.  Some are big, some are small, and I'll be super excited to have them all! I also gave out a ton of reminder cards at the Pearl District Block Party, and hope that many of those people will sign up.  Not many people have signed up yet, but I usually wait until the week of a 5k to sign up myself, so I don't blame them for waiting.  I'm hopeful that this late season race will bring some interested parties in.  

I also got part of my already-amazing volunteer team confirmed.  Water stops. Finish line.  We are almost entirely good to roll, volunteer wise! Volunteers have lined up the Tshirts and are checking their schedules to see if they can be bike chasers.

What, bike chase?  What is this, a real race? Oh, yeah.  We are so legit. 

In other news, it is kind of hard to type with a 15 lb cat draped over your arm, but he is purring, and otherwise so miserable.  M is out of town, and this cat pouts SO MUCH without his Big Cat, M.  

In recovery related news, my tests came back with a few low levels, especially of things like iron, which explain the near-constant fatigue.  So I get to follow up this week to see what exactly I do about this, because psychologically, I'm done with the resting stuff. 

I also bought a Spiralizer this month.  It's a kitchen gadget that turns veggies like zucchini and carrots into long strips, like a veggie pasta.  It's very big in the raw food world, and I've been intrigued by them for years.  I just never got around to actually buying one.  

Until I did.  

Wowsers. 

It's about 1/2 a zucchini in each photo.  (And less than 1 carrot).  
This is my biggest mixing bowl! 

A raw "pad Thai" with a peanutty sort of sauce and tofu. It fills up my generously sized salad bowl.   I left out the cabbage from the recipe.  Then I ate this for three days straight.  It's that good.  I got this recipe off frayedlacesracing.com, who is an awesome triathlete and genius (she does have a PhD, in fact).  I wish I could link to it, but I think that the Blogger app does not allow me to link just yet. 


So then I made a hot sauce with veggie sausage (tofurkey), canned tomatoes, and rawmesan cheese.  It works beautifully.  I've been eating this since yesterday, and pouted my way through my delicious califlower "rice" stuffed peppers at lunch because I am so obsessed with the zucchini stuff right now.  

So new tool, new toy.  Look for me to start inventing recipes soon!






1 comment:

Tom Sramek, Jr. said...

I keep reading the last word in the title as "The Spiritualizer". Clearly, I need a vacation....