Monday, September 16, 2013

Iron solutions

So at the end of the story... 

My iron levels are low, but not so low that I need to do artificial supplementation.  I need to be careful to add extra iron into my diet and see how that goes.  So starting as soon as I can muster up the energy to go to the store, it's clams and molasses for me for a while and seeing if that can boost my iron levels back to where they should be.  

It's not the iron that's a problem, so much as the ferritin. If I understand this correctly, ferritin carries iron around and puts it where it needs to be when you need it.  Low ferritin is kind of an endurance athlete problem, or at least one we should be aware of.  

So I'll be eating lots of clams for a while and stuff and we shall see how things progress. 

No comments: