Saturday, August 3, 2013

Two weeks out

So I am two weeks out from this race. 

In the meantime, I've had a number of great conversations with friends and relatives.  Some of them have been through food allergy things. Another one competed in bike stuff.  All are saying the same thing: your body is telling you it is too stressed out right now!  So take a rest and no more tri training for awhile. 

So I think I will be doing some Barre3 stuff.  I still can't wear my bike shoes, so I'm off the bike and out of the water until that blister injury fully heals.  At the worst, it was the size of about half my thumb, and as it heals, it's been acting more like a burn than a blister.  So it was a downright war wound, as one person said.  Ouch, baby. Ouch. 

After two weeks, I am finally starting to feel near normal energy levels returning. After a lot of reading of other tri blogs, I think I came pretty close to overtraining which is basically physical and mental burnout. And tri is so mental.  So a nice long break is not just a good idea, but it's one that I am seeing in blog after blog right now. Pros recuperating from rough seasons and injuries major and minor. Age groupers who had life stress like moving and PhDs.  Several people just raced slower than normal and need a  good break.  So I am joining that club for a while. 

Lots of news to come in the next few weeks about the Trees for Tilori 5K!  This is a very exciting project. 

No comments: