Thursday, May 23, 2013

Swimming and swimming

I've been in the water a lot this week.  I spent a lot of time doing the poolside drills and kickboard drills as my coach has instructed me.  For the first few weeks, every swim workout left me with really tired outer legs and a frowny face of tired abs. But now the abs feel better and I'm starting to feel my body position in the water. I think my shoulders are loosening up a bit. Or my arms are getting stronger. One of those. 

My fastest time for a length thus far has been 54 seconds... Faster than my previous time, that's for sure! 

In other news, I am still working on the dairy thing. On Sunday, I haplessly stumbled into some hidden dairy in a veggie burger. Curse you, veggie burgers! It was Wednesday before I was feeling normal.  

Today I accidentally got some Parmesan in a dish of otherwise delicious spinach. (The chef didnt realize that Parmesan was on the verboten list for me, poor lady!). It seems to be a mild reaction,but here comes the heartburn and the stuffy nose.  Yeah, stuffy.  Noses seems to be part of the reaction for me.  So now we are trying to figure out if this is a lactose intolerance or a casein intolerance. That means it could be milk sugars or the milk proteins triggering me.  On one hand, the casein intolerance means a lot more restrictions for me, long term.  But I'm a little frustrated by how easily I am being triggered right now.  

Tomorrow is a big bike ride!

No comments: