Monday, March 25, 2013

And now for something completely different

So today I did something a little different. I haven't run since getting home- I was jetlagged on Day One and thought I was feeling great until I woke up from a two hour nap, and then I was working all yesterday. (Palm Sunday. Long days in my world this week!)

Today, I went rock climbing at the rock gym- Crux, across from REI. I went with a friend who'd been working hard to lose some excess weight and has done awesome, and her reward was going to be rock climbing!

We got our shoes and harnesses on, and while she learned to tie knots, I got a quick knot-refresher, and belay-tested so I could belay. For my climb test, I went up the easiest route in the gym and stopped a few feet shy of the ceiling. It was about 200 feet high, of course. Which means it was about two or three stories up.

My friend, on the other hand, on her first attempt, went all the way to the top, and thumped the ceiling!

We made friends with some of the other women there- it was Ladies' Night- and just had fun with the girls and the fake rocks. It is a really mellow, laid-back community here, compared to the attitudes I was used to in rock gyms back East!

I am definitely going to take M when he's home again!

Then I came home and made quesadillas. So here's the question: if you went rock climbing but got not other exercise all day because you were busy working on a major service, and if you had a snack before going rock climbing, you probably shouldn't eat ALL your dinner, right? Even if it IS delicious vegetarian bean quesadillas and grilled pineapple...

I saved about 3/4 of the meal for tomorrow. I think it'll work for breakfast and lunch. This being Holy Week, I have planned out meals for all dinners plus all lunches, including when in advance I need to do various bits of prep. I also bought pre-cooked, canned beans this week instead of soaking and cooking my own. Hey, it's Holy Week and things are CRAAAAZY so you do what you need to do to survive.

No comments: