Monday, April 30, 2012

VOTE FOR ME!

https://apps.facebook.com/lbstorycontest/contests/202727/voteable_entries/46917587

This is a link to a story on Facebook.  It's the story of the year I made my mother a quilt.  This story, in all its 500 word limit, luridly detailed glory, is entered in a contest to win $500 worth of Lion Brand products.

If I win, I will make a BIG, GIANT donation of Lion Brand yarn to the St. Mary's (Eugene) knitting guild.  The costs of the yarn we use is going up, and we are relying more and more on donations.  Can I even say how much this will help us?

This is Hawaii Six-Oh, the quilt I made.

It's Hawaiian themed.  Look at that nautical detail.  Oh, did I mention it's a guestbook quilt?  As in, everyone at the big party signed the white patches?  Oh, yeah.  

Here you can see both the orange thread used in the entire project, as well the binding about which I am very vain.  
If you are on Facebook, please vote for me!  I think it would thrill my mother, which is always a Portuguese girl's dream, and it would literally help church ladies to help sick people and children.

How awesome is that?

No comments: