Thursday, November 10, 2011

Going to Convention as an Honest Woman

Have I mentioned that I'm running the EWEB 10K on the 20th, along with several other triclub members?  Yeah.  I'm chasing that sub-1:00 10K wall yet again.  I'm 5 seconds away... just 5 seconds!  Which means I need to eat well, since the lighter I am, the faster I am.  Meanwhile...

I am going to Diocesan Convention this afternoon.  It's where the Diocese (the geographic collection of a bunch of Episcopal Churches) gets together to hobnob with our cool Bishop (who wears Vans), hear some presentations, have some fellowship, and vote on various resolutions that will hopefully help govern our common life.  I'm not canonically resident at this point- meaning the Bishop of Connecticut is still the Bishop in charge of me- but Oregon has given me "courtesy of the floor" which means I'll be able to at least sit with the uber-cool delegation from St. Mary's.

They decided that they'd wear Ducks sweaters one day.  So now I have to go visit a parishioner who works at the Duck Store and get her to help me pick out an awesome Ducks sweater.  My job is so awesome like that.

I also cleaned my kitchen counters today so it looks so clean and tidy and I feel like a Responsible Adult.  SCORE!

In other news: I've been tracking what I eat this week.  Loseit has really updated its app which makes it a hundred times easier to use.  (The last time I tried it, I had to enter things like tempeh as "custom foods".)  I've also discovered Sparkrecipes where I can enter some of my own recipes from home, and it'll give me the break down.  So far, it's been helping me to decide if it's time to throw in more tofu to that dish or not.

Usually, it is.

Luckily, I love tofu.  As in, I'll eat it raw right out of the package.

Please don't judge me.

I was happy at the nutrition consult to discover I was down a solid 7 pounds from my all-time-high weight in CT.  (It is such a sad number I won't even share, but let's just say my loosest pants were too tight and my favorite pants were hopeless.)  So over the winter, I'm hoping to slowly let my weight settle at a healthy sustainable number... one where I can maintain a healthy number without too much pain.

For the record, that is about 40% carbs, and 20% fat, and 30% protein.  So far, my best day was yesterday when I hit 50% carbs, 25% fat, and 25% protein.  It's a work in progress.

And now I will go to Convention, where I shall endeavor to eat according to plan while eating convention food.

No comments: