Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Weirdest Place to Be

It's not that I haven't been training this week- I have, but it's been a slower week.  Earlier in the week, I had a few doctor's visits, immediately followed by a huge flare-up of a certain problem that necessitated the doctor's visit in the first place.  In the interest of not providing TMI, I'll just say that the problem is eminently curable, but requires rather sudden surgery.  Fun, fun, no?  So I get next week off to lie on the couch and recuperate.


At the end of the day, I'm very glad that I had a few friends urge me to get that second opinion.  The first doc kept telling me (on at least 4 visits) that everything was normal and that "some people just have it bad like you".  Thank goodness I got the second opinion, with the doc who said "Oh, no, you don't have to live like that, and oh, look, that's the problem there, and we can do something about that!"  I'm absolutely looking forward to being freed from the problem.  And in the meantime, I thank the person who sent me the link to Cake Wrecks and Jen's infamous and hysterical "Sir Clumps-a-Lot" post.  I have informed Martin he will be providing me with cake.


In the meantime, surgery day is Tuesday, so I have about 48 hours left of this particular sort of misery, so you will, dear readers, kindly forgive me for leaving you to go take more Tylenol.  I have found that the only thing that seems to relieve the worst of the pain is copious amounts of painkillers and various other less-than-healthy mechanisms of coping.


My honored teammate Ben and his awesome wife Sarah were made aware of all this, by the way, and we all agree that our team goal is to get back to normal as soon as possible!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

We are thinking about you and praying for you. Get well soon, but in the meantime...EAT LOTS OF CAKE! :)

Lady Anne said...

I am assuming you are having a hysterectomy. Congratulations! Best idea God ever had - right up there immediately after sex! I was lucky enough to have mine back in the "old days", and was in the hospital for 10 days, gradually working up to walking up and down the halls, dragging my IV pole behind me. And, yes, cake helps. Lots of cake.