Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Trauma Chaplain's View of Normal

Based on my now-extensive experience in the ED (and it's starting to freak me out: I'm getting to be the Old Geezer of the Department.  I've even outlasted two trauma surgeons who went on to other things because they needed a break...!):


Things that kill you dead and which you should only do with great caution:


Crossing the street.


Playing golf.


Stepping off a curb carrying coffee.


Things which are very survivable and appear exceedingly safe:


Parachute failure.


Getting kicked in the face by a horse.


Plane crash.




Sorry, mom, but I think the only way for me to live out my life in peace is to take up skydiving.  It's the last safe thing left to do.


PS- Stitches come out in a few days.  Training will resume this week!

No comments: