Thursday, June 24, 2010

Professional Clothes Want You Dead

As if my job wasn't stressful enough.


I went back to work today for the first time since my sudden little surgery (I must have been more tired than I realized- I slept like a rock for over a week and still need a nap every afternoon.  I wonder if my body took the surgery as a chance to say "You work too hard, lady!"), and got a half day in.  But I spent the day feeling like I had a big lump in my throat.  You know, the sort where you feel either like you are about to cry or as if you are being strangled.


I got home, started to change, and discovered the chain of my necklace had worked its way into the buttonhole of my convertible clergy shirt, which I was wearing as a civilian shirt today.  The chain was twisting itself tighter and tighter.


No wonder my job is stressful.  My very clothes are trying to kill me!

No comments: