Monday, December 21, 2009

Survivor: Priest

I joked on my Facebook page yesterday about what a tough priest I was. As the Snow-pocalypse approached, I agonized over the weather. As I always do. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate being the one to decide to declare a snow day or not? It's so upsetting being in charge with stuff like this!

Finally, after a few conversations with wardens, I decided to head out to Southbury to hunker down in a hotel for the night and await the deadly snow. I also begged M to accompany me. This turned out to be a good thing, despite the fact that I had to pout a little bit to convince him to come. I also had to promise that I would absolutely not allow him to have any fun, but I would send him off to work.

We had a very nice dinner of Chinese food, where we even got a funny fortune cookie pack with TWO whole fortune cookies in one pack. Then we went to the hotel, where he worked and I goofed off. All the while, no snow fell. It was still dry when I went to sleep. It wasnt until I I woke up Sunday morning that I discovered the snow actually HAD arrived, though it was far short of the "still falling" predictions. I still canceled 8AM as the lot wasn't yet plowed.

We went to brunch. Such would prove my undoing.

By 10AM, I was feeling a little under the weather. By 11AM, it was full-fledged sickness. M picked me up and drove me home and by 4 or 5, I was in the ER being rehydrated from a nasty bout of food poisoning.

This is what I do so that my people can have their church. Yes, indeed. If they ever made "Survivor:Priest" edition, it just might come to me in that last final few...

No comments: