Saturday, November 1, 2008

How to It's a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day...

I totally shoulda worn the railroad train pajamas and taken my picture of the Invisible Castle. Instead, I went to the party as Max, the King of the Wild Things. You'd be amazed at how many people DIDN'T get it. The literary crowd did. Adults should be required to read children's books. Really. But the most awesome costume was easily the person who came in a business suit, with a golden parachute, monopoly money spilling out of all the pockets, and a sign saying "Out of work Wall Street CEO. Help save my yacht: can you spare 700 Billion?" She rocked!

Anyway. It's a terrible, horrible, no good very bad day when...

The social worker doesn't answer her phone. Sure, she says it's ringing. Four hours later when you corner her.

There are four major cases upstairs on your floor...

And about 6 cases in the ED.

And did I mention the social worker was AWOL, so I'm catching ALL this one my own? And the kicker...

When an overloaded electrical outlet shorts out and starts a fire...

in YOUR office...

while you are on the phone with a trauma victim's freaking out husband...

after the fire department comes and saves you...

It's probably a bad day. Just leave it at that.

No comments: