Monday, October 6, 2008

Vacation!

I get vacation! And I'm finally doing what I dreamed about for years... spending an entire day in my pajamas! My mom is one of those people who is convinced that you will feel better if you get up, wash up, and get dressed. Even when I was sick, as a kid, it always meant getting up and getting dressed.

Well, I sure showed her! M did drag me out of bed (reluctantly) with the promise of breakfast together and eggs. Ah, I am such a sucker for eggs. But then I washed up... and put my jammies right back on! And then I sewed for a little while, finishing up the trial run of the pajama pants I'm making for my halloween costume (Alexander from Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day). That's right, I DO have a railroad train print. But for now, I was trying the pattern in a purple heart print with giant pink-and-green-striped skulls and crossbones. It's so wrong. I love it. And it's warm and fuzzy. The pattern IS too large, so I have to go down a size.

In the meantime, I'm toying with the idea of making a cake. Not for any reason, just for fun. And how often do we get to do THAT?

My vacation plans for the rest of the week include going to the gym, sleeping late, reading the rest of my latest batch of library books, and taking a whirlwind weekend trip to Virginia and Maryland, where we plan to see a few of you at Octoberfest in Accokeek and catch up with cool people in Alexandria. Oh, and have ourselves dinner at Lost Dog, the BEST pizza place in Arlington. Divine.

No comments: